Subject: FW: Save the date: HERA Sequencing Symposium on June 4-5 in Brussels, Belgium
From: "GOERLITZ Maximilian" <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2025 12:02:03 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

From: GOERLITZ Maximilian (HERA)
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2025 10:56 AM
To: [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; 
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>
Cc: CHAVARRIA GIMENEZ Teresa (HERA) <[email-masked]>; 
ALHO Margarida (HERA) <[email-masked]>; BURGHARDT Diana (HADEA) 
<[email-masked]>; CROZET Emilie (HADEA) 
<[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Save the date: HERA Sequencing Symposium on June 4-5 in 
Brussels, Belgium
Importance: High

Hello!

I am reaching out since we haven’t heard back from your project regarding 
the below invitation to the upcoming HERA Sequencing Symposium.

Could you please confirm whether you will participate as soon as possible by 
registering? Please share this registration link with the team members you 
consider appropriate to participate in this event, considering we expect a 
representation of 2-4 people (maximum) per project. 
<https://eu.eventscloud.com/hera-sequencing-symposium> 
https://eu.eventscloud.com/hera-sequencing-symposium

Please note, as indicated in the draft agenda, we are planning short 
progress presentations from each member state whole-genome sequencing 
project in the day 1 morning breakout sessions. These presentations should 
be about 10 min respectively + discussion.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Max

Maximilian Görlitz
Policy Officer

European Commission

Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Authority (HERA)

Unit HERA.02 Intelligence Gathering, Analysis and Innovation

L-15 02/P41

1000 Brussels

Belgium

 <https://health-preparedness-industry-hub.ec.europa.eu/events/hera-industry-days-2025>

From: GOERLITZ Maximilian (HERA)
Sent: Thursday, May 8, 2025 12:12 PM
Cc: CHAVARRIA GIMENEZ Teresa (HERA) <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; BURGHARDT Diana (HADEA) 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
CROZET Emilie (HADEA) <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; ALHO Margarida (HERA) 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: RE: Save the date: HERA Sequencing Symposium on June 4-5 in 
Brussels, Belgium

Dear all,

Thanks to all of you who have already registered! To those of you who haven’t, 
a kind reminder to please do so as soon as possible so we get a more precise 
understanding of the attendee numbers and participation in specific 
breakouts.

https://eu.eventscloud.com/hera-sequencing-symposium

For clarification, every person who intends to attend should register 
individually. You cannot have one registration on behalf of a team.

Also please note, as indicated in the draft agenda, we are planning short 
progress presentations from each project in the day 1 morning breakout 
sessions. These presentations should be about 10 min respectively + 
discussion. Please confirm you are presenting by registering.

Additionally, please let us know about specific discussion questions/ideas 
for the breakout sessions relevant at this stage of your project 
implementation that would be helpful for you to exchange on with the other 
projects.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Max

From: GOERLITZ Maximilian (HERA)
Sent: Friday, May 2, 2025 2:04 PM
Cc: CHAVARRIA GIMENEZ Teresa (HERA) <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; BURGHARDT Diana (HADEA) 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
CROZET Emilie (HADEA) <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; ALHO Margarida (HERA) 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: RE: Save the date: HERA Sequencing Symposium on June 4-5 in 
Brussels, Belgium

Dear member state whole-genome sequencing grant coordinators 
(CP-g-22-01.04),

As you know, we are planning the “HERA Symposium on Strengthening Genomic 
Sequencing Capacities for Outbreak Preparedness and Response” on June 4-5, 
2025, in Brussels. (Venue location: La Tricoterie <https://g.co/kgs/tSozpQh> 
, Rue Théodore Verhaegen 158, 1060 Bruxelles).

We would like to thank you for your prompt feedback and interest. Today, we 
are sending a more detailed concept note and draft agenda. The agenda and 
concept note have been inspired and adapted to your feedback and 
recommendations from last year’s HERA Grants Symposium, including parallel 
sessions to present the progress of your projects.

We want to build meaningful and participative sessions and have chosen a 
dynamic and more innovative venue. Therefore, we would also like to invite 
you to provide your project’s feedback on the agenda to accommodate 
discussion questions/ideas for the breakout sessions on day 1 relevant at 
this stage of your project implementation.

The final agenda will be shared soon after receiving your feedback.

Please share this registration link with the team members you consider 
appropriate to participate in this event, considering we expect a 
representation of 2-4 people (maximum) per project. Please bear in mind the 
attendance is expected in person with no streaming option.

https://eu.eventscloud.com/hera-sequencing-symposium

Finally, let us know whether you would like to use the venue for an 
in-person meeting on the afternoon of June 3rd (without HERA/HaDEA 
presence); there is an option for this in the registration link.

For any questions, please email  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]

We are looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you in person soon!

Best wishes,

Teresa, Margarida & Max

Maximilian Görlitz
Policy Officer

European Commission

Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Authority (HERA)

Unit HERA.02 Intelligence Gathering, Analysis and Innovation

L-15 02/P41

1000 Brussels

Belgium

 <https://health-preparedness-industry-hub.ec.europa.eu/events/hera-industry-days-2025>

From: GOERLITZ Maximilian (HERA)
Sent: Monday, April 7, 2025 4:36 PM
Cc: CHAVARRIA GIMENEZ Teresa (HERA) <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; BURGHARDT Diana (HADEA) 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
CROZET Emilie (HADEA) <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; ALHO Margarida (HERA) 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: Save the date: HERA Sequencing Symposium on June 4-5 in Brussels, 
Belgium

Dear member state whole-genome sequencing grant coordinators 
(CP-g-22-01.04),

We hope this email finds you well. Please save the date:

Based on your valuable feedback from last year’s HERA Grants Symposium 
expressing a desire for more exchange opportunities, we are delighted to 
inform you that we are organising a follow-up edition on June 4-5, 2025, in 
Brussels (optionally also the afternoon of June 3rd). This event will be the 
“HERA Symposium on Strengthening Genomic Sequencing Capacities for Outbreak 
Preparedness and Response”.

As your projects have now been running for some time, this symposium will 
provide an excellent platform to share your progress and results achieved so 
far. The date was chosen to coincide with the week of the HERA Industry Days 
on June 2-3 (HERA Industry Days - European Commission 
<https://hadea.ec.europa.eu/events/hera-industry-days-2025-06-02_en> ).

Considering the lessons learned from last year’s event, we are planning to 
focus this event more on your direct grants to member states on sequencing 
capacity projects specifically, with discussions on genomic based sequencing 
capacities for the characterization and detection and routine surveillance 
of pathogens. The exact agenda is still to be determined.

We acknowledge that these planned dates are only two months away and the 
invitation comes at relatively short notice, but we sincerely consider this 
is a good occasion to bring all the projects together in-person to share, 
learn and discuss outcomes, challenges, and expectations.

For this event, we will be working hand in hand with HaDEA and will invite 
ECDC and other relevant COM services and projects.

Please book travel and accommodation yourselves. The costs thereof will be 
eligible under the current grant agreements, within the limits of the 
maximum grant amounts. We hope this will allow for the presence of 1-3 
representatives from each project.

Best wishes,

Teresa & Max on behalf of the sequencing symposium team

Summary:

Dates: 3-5 June (4th and 5th are main days; 3rd is only afternoon and 
optional—see below), immediately following the 
<https://health-preparedness-industry-hub.ec.europa.eu/events/hera-industry-days-2025> 
HERA industry days.

Full event title: HERA Symposium on Strengthening Genomic Sequencing 
Capacities for Outbreak Preparedness and Response

Short Title: HERA Sequencing Symposium

Venue:  <https://www.tricoterie.be/en/?lang=en> La Tricoterie (Brussels, 
Belgium)

Concept: As a follow-up to the HERA grants symposium in 2024, we are 
planning another symposium more focused on the member states sequencing 
capacity grantees.:

*	Agenda based on input from the project coordination teams.
*	Facilitate further collaboration between the 21 projects in Member States.
*	Strengthen communication between the grantees MS organisations and EU 
institutions (ECDC, HaDEA etc.) and EC.
*	Discuss and share experience on common technical problems, bottlenecks 
experienced by different projects.
*	Short talks on progress and outcomes, lessons learned and sustainability.
*	Create synergies with other genomic sequencing-related EU funded projects, 
e.g., on wastewater surveillance.
*	Group dinner on 4th June.
*	Main event to take place on the 4th and 5th June.
*	On the afternoon of 3rd June, the venue could optionally be used for 
in-person consortium meetings of the projects (e.g., Steering Committee). 
Please think about whether you want to make use of this possibility. HERA or 
HaDEA colleagues wouldn’t be present on that day.

Maximilian Görlitz
Policy Officer

European Commission

Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Authority (HERA)

Unit HERA.02 Intelligence Gathering, Analysis and Innovation

L-15 02/P41

1000 Brussels

Belgium